pl en de fr jp


Parish Church of St. Andrew the Apostle was founded by King Casimir the Great, who officially declared it a place of worship in a decree issued on 1 August 1363. Located on the edge of old town, it preserved its Gothic form despite reconstruction works held after the consecutive fires in 1720 and 1754. Church's Gothic vault collapsed in 1810. Unfortunately, it was never reconstructed but replaced with a ceiling.

The most valuable pieces in St. Andrew's collection are Gothic sculpture of the Madonna and Child, dating from around 1370; a 17th century rood arch and a side altar of the Lord Jesus Crucified from the early 18th century. A 14th or 15th century stone baptismal font is also noteworthy.

Powered by Targeo® | AutoMapa®

Lipnica Murowana © 2012
Design and realization: ClickMaster Polska